Monday, July 10, 2017

Momma and her ducklings


The Muscovy Duck mother is trying to keep an eye on her seven ducklings as they race here and there exploring the territory.



This little one runs ahead as fast as its little feet can carry him. He reminded me of a little child when they are just learning to walk. He would run so fast that he would lose his balance and plop down on his bottom. In a blink of an eye, he was back up running again. 



As his momma keeps an eye on him, he is keeping an eye on me. I am kneeling down with my camera trying to get an eye level view and hoping that Momma duck doesn't notice me and come charging at me!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lisa, I saw them a few weeks ago and they were changing to a darker color.

      Delete
  2. Cute. I especially like the last photo. Must be difficult to run through hip high grass : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it probably is difficult with their little short legs. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I have some photos of this type of duck...with the red head...they are quite intriguing. I love that you captured her with her babies...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mitzi. :) I think the red faces give them so much character.

      Delete