Sunday, July 16, 2017

Charmed

This little church charm is over 50 years old. It was my grandmothers. It was one of many charms that dangled from the bracelet on her wrist. I always liked looking at the charms but this one was my favorite. If you look below the church steeple you can see a little magnifying glass . When you look through there, you will see a written prayer. The charm is only 3/4 of an inch high. I was always so fascinated as to how the prayer could fit in such a small space. :)  

3 comments:

  1. How fortunate you are to have this!!
    I have something similar. It is a crucifix with a magnifying glass. When you look into the glass, you can read "The Lord's Prayer." It belonged to my Grandmother, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little charm..I have some of my maternal grandmother's brooches and a watch..I love that you can see a written prayer in the magnifying glass :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special to have it. Must be a little strange looking through it now and remembering your thoughts as a child.

    ReplyDelete